The best way to succeed as an affiliate is to have the right affiliate opportunity, marketing tools, products and marketing system. In this blog post, I show you what it really takes to succeed from 17+ years of being an affiliate.
With affiliate marketing, I’ve found that it’s not just about making money, but saving time and money also.
A Wikipedia definition is:
Affiliate marketing is a type of performance-based marketing in which a business rewards one or more affiliates for each visitor or customer brought by the affiliate’s own marketing efforts.
- You don’t have to create a product as you are selling someone else’s;
- It’s generally free to get started and you can get started quickly;
- However, affiliate schemes that you pay for have been known to provide the most flexibility and choice;
- Some offer you high commissions;
- As a 3rd party marketer, you don’t need to worry about customer complaints or returns.
- It’s easy to be unethical about what you sell if you’re not a customer first. Have you heard of being a product of the product?
- Free affiliate schemes don’t give you a website and if they do, it’s not one that you have control over;
- Links for affiliate schemes are long and ugly;
- No way to personalise your link without owning a website;
- Some pay low commissions.
Recommended Affiliate Resource
Wealthy Affiliate (WA) is my recommendation for the following reasons:-
- I’m an affiliate and enjoy the benefits I’m about to share with you;
- They are a web hosting site;
- They are low cost and affordable;
- They provide in house training;
- They offer you support from the community as well as the business;
- You get to own your own website (as many as you want);
- Websites are quick and easy to set up;
- Due to owning a website, you have a custom URL which helps give you gain authenticity (a dot.com name is my recommendation)
- They make SEO easy.
- They offer all affiliates personalised affiliate links;
- Free 7 day trial;
- They offer you a keyword search tool and so much more.
Making Money As An Affiliate
As you go through the training on WA and implement what you’ve learnt you find that you start to get recognised on Google and eventually start to rank organically.
However, there are other things you need to do and or have. Namely:-
- You can make money blogging by monetising your site with banners and creating posts with affiliate links enclosed;
- Create content and post to social media;
- Own a Facebook page and share your blog content;
- Customise your affiliate link through your website and share online;
These are just some ways that you can make money as an affiliate in 2020 and beyond. However, to really succeed you need to pay for advertising at some point and target people who are looking for what you have to offer (that’s also the beauty of blogging as a base for where you’ll send your customers to).
Now you have this information it’s up to you to choose what industry works best for you.
Additionally, you can click the link to learn about my review of 8 income streams that will work for you
All the best and take care.